Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Art Art Art

So I really just wanted to post to give myself a reminder of an exhibit I need to check out before mid-November. But since I really should be doing homework I decided to expand upon this post to include a few more photos of art and other things I've seen that I would recommend.

Well the exhibit that I really want to check out is 'Fade' where a ton of red LED lights are put on the wall to accentuate the architecture.



See more photos and info on where to see this (in Boston) here!


I also came across about half of what's left of the original Abraham Obama piece done by Ron English by the SoWa galleries:

lincobama
(click the photo for a bigger view... they're 13 feet tall!)

Check out Ron's site, he's done some good stuff such as a painting of my favorite Dandy Warhols frontman Courtney Taylor-Taylor and a "spoof" on one of Takeshi Murakami's sculptures.


And across from where the Abraham Obama posters are is a bunch of galleries which are free to check out. One of them over the summer was hosting a bunch of paintings by Christopher Hauck which remind me of some of the wittier street art I've seen. This painting that was in the gallery actually made me LOL:





And for a dumb yet still funny picture that I didn't take and don't know where it came from, here's a Post No Bills sign:

1 comment:

Keri said...

HAHAHAHA POST NO BILLS. KLSHDFKJAHDF